AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a new TV to place in a small room (11 x 12)on a budget. Would like to use HDTV for sports and DVDs primarily. I understand this isn't a premium set. But, I figured this would cover me until prices drop or DLP gets refined. Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
409 Posts
I've got the philips 55 " 4:3 set.. had it for over a year now and been extremely happy w/ it for the most part.. I just had an HD cable box installed and have been blown away by the picture.. just wait til you see sports in HD in your living room. I kind of wish I had a 16:9 TV, but then again, I play a lot of Xbox games, etc that aren't ready for 16:9 yet.. There's one feature I would prob. change, when the TV goes into "HD mode" or 1080i, by default it takes the "16:9" setting in the setup menu and puts makes the letterbox bars grey instead of black.. I have to go into the menu and select "16:9 - HD" for the bars to turn black.. I know that supposedly grey bars are better, but I just can't get used to them and I'm not really worried about burn in. Other than this little gripe, I've loved the TV.. hopefully someone may see this and be able to let me know how to make the tv go straight into the "16:9 - HD" mode when it detects the 1080i signal...

-- Hag

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.