AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
first of all not everyone can see them which is good and secondly they only appear or mostly appear in dlp projectors.

I dont know what other people see, but I see a little beam of light shooting out of scene. The light is broken in colors like a rainbow. It usually happens in bright screnes with a dark background. I have seen them in lit candles where the rainbow comes out of the fire. But I have all seen them coming from subtitles or the reflection off a sword like in Crouching Tiger.

I see them coming from the light shooting in into an airplane in Castaway.

Although it seems to happen more when you move your eyes or head alot, I would see it in the corner of my eye even if my head and eyes never moved

Dilas and Crts do not have this problem. I dont know about LCD, but I dont think they have it either

Hopes this helps. Many people never see it until someone tells them how to look for it and then they can never stop seeing it. Some people dont care, but it drove me crazy and I had to get rid of the machine

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Pabloandres,

All but the most expensive DLP projectors use only one DLP chip, whereas LCD and D-ILA projectors use

3 chips - one for each of the primary colors of light - red, green, and blue.

The DLP makes one chip do triple duty by putting a "color wheel" with red, green, and blue sectors on

it in front of the DLP chip.

So whereas the LCD and D-ILAs project all three colors simultaneously, single chip DLP projectors

flash the red, green, and blue images sequentially on the screen. They rely on the "persistence of

vision" effect of your eye to blend the images together. For example, if you move your head or

eyes quickly, and hence change where the image falls on your retinas - the 3 images won't blend

properly - and you get rainbows.

Greg

·
Registered
402 Posts
If you currently own a DLP and don't see them listen to me very carefully. Don't ask, stop reading about them, and NEVER open a thread with the word rainbow in the subject. EVER! Once you figure out how to see them you'll wished you listened......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.