Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've been fighting with my Marantz RPTV PV6111W trying to get a decent XP desktop image with my ATI 7500 AIW card and Powerstrip. I have cabled up directly from the VGA output of the 7500 to the RGB port on my RPTV. The product spec lists RGB input, the rear of the set states "(use for HDTV signal only)". Question? will this work or do I need to purchase a transcoder and use component inputs? I can't seem to get a res higher than 640x480. Am I cabled correctly?

Much appreciated

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
You're using the "HD Input In 3" HD15 (VGA connector) input? Sometimes HD15 inputs are limited to 640x480, Marantz's web site doesn't clarify if that is the case with this set. What resolutions have you tried? You will probably get the best results from 853x480 in a 540p timing.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am using 848X480 at 540p timings from my ati rage 128 card to my Pioneer 533. Fits the screen beautifully. My RPTV also says that the RGB 15pin input is not intended for computer display and also mentions that it only supports 1080i

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks all,

so it sounds as though given the lack of information in the Marantz manual I should try a component input instead? so a i guess I need a transcoder?

any you like?

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
snowman-

Before you buy a transcoder, try the 960x540 and 920x500 'HDTV derived' settings in Powerstrip. When you do, make sure the 'sync p[olarity' settings match the 640x480 setting you have that does work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.