AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using DVArchive for a while for photos, but have started gearing up for a DVD burner. Is there a special trick to getting rtvconvert to work? I used rtvedit successfully, by just opening the .exe and typing in the appropriate command line. But when I try to open the rtvconvert.exe - the DOS box just flashes on the screen and disappears. I've tried firing it up through the Run command as well. Does the exe have to be in the same directory as the mpg? I'm running XPHE, the newest RTV tools release, and own a 5040.

·
Registered
353 Posts
You should do a search for RTVedit for windows and/or ReVue. These 2 GUI's for the rtvtools make them a lot more user friendly. I find they both have their own strengths and weaknesses so I use both and recommend you at least try both. Good luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried Revue but I kept getting errors opening it, so I never made it to the actual GUI. I'll make sure I have the most current version. I was just stumped as to why rtvconvert wouldn't fire up, since rtvedit worked fine.

·
Registered
436 Posts
kyuss - You should move rtvconvert.exe, rtvedit.exe and evtdump.exe to your C:\\windows directory. rtvconvert needs to be run from the command line. Before you run rtvconvert, change into the directory that contains the .mpg file you want to convert. Here is an examples on how I run it:

rtvconvert "Titanic.mpg" CTitanic.mpg

creates CTitanic.evt, CTitanic.mpg and CTitanic.ndx

good luck

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
If you have no need of editing per the .evt file (i.e. plan to use Womble or other editor), I've found that a variation of the batch file mentioned in http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=348034 works extremely well. I put a shortcut to it on my desktop and simply drag-and-drop a file over the shortcut and it proceeds to rtvedit and rtvconvert the associated files. I then discard the generated files I don't need (normally I only use the .mpg) and I'm just a few minutes from having a DVD.

Enjoy,

Tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.