Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was wondering it it were possible to use an exsisting broadband (cable) connection with the UT reciever and msn instead of dialing out with phone line? TIA

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by zyro88
Hello,

I was wondering it it were possible to use an exsisting broadband (cable) connection with the UT reciever and msn instead of dialing out with phone line? TIA
It was demo'ed a long time ago by Microsoft but they never put it into production. And now that UTV is discontinued it's unlikely they ever will.

·
Registered
17,674 Posts
Reading this thread it got me wanting to refresh my memory about what stuff was on the back of my unit there was for expansion purposes. The question I have is whether that little vented metal rectangular plate on the back is just an air vent or is it some king of expansion port? I have yet to open my UTV up yet (though I might at some point if I upgrade the drive - it's just working really well so I hate to mess around with it.) so I can't tell what it is. Is that plate covering some sort of card slot (like something that might have been used to add a network card if UTV production had continued)? I was just curious.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
There are USB ports on back initially planned for expansion. Given the current status of Microsoft on UTV, most believe there will be zero further enhancements of the box.

Ed

·
Registered
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by NetworkTV
Reading this thread it got me wanting to refresh my memory about what stuff was on the back of my unit there was for expansion purposes. The question I have is whether that little vented metal rectangular plate on the back is just an air vent or is it some king of expansion port? I have yet to open my UTV up yet (though I might at some point if I upgrade the drive - it's just working really well so I hate to mess around with it.) so I can't tell what it is. Is that plate covering some sort of card slot (like something that might have been used to add a network card if UTV production had continued)? I was just curious.
No extra card slots inside behind that air vent. :(

If you want a peek inside without actually opening it up, look at the upgrade instruction page mentioned here, or get the Sony service manual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.