AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if I'm in the right forum. Both my pc as well as an external hard drive contains vids in various format--xvid, avi, mpeg but mostly divx. Now, I burn a data dvd for the avi/xvid/divx files and watch on my LG dvd player. To eliminate the dvd burning, can I connect an ethernet cable (or even wireless since I have a router) from pc to a device which will play these formats on tv directly from pc or external drive? If some are available, any recommendations? Related question, does the media player actually "play" the vid or is it just receiving the stream that is playing on the pc via windows media player which would then mean I need to begin the vid while at the pc? Or am I just not understanding process. Final question, the LG dvd player plays fine the divx/avi files burned (as "data") to a 4.7 GB disc. However, when I burn files to a Dual Layer disc, the files toward the last part of the disc content freezes. Does anyone else have that issue? I could not find any documentation on whether or not player accepts DL discs.

Thank you for your help.

Hydrant

·
Registered
76 Posts
You can try a PrismIQ. I got mine on ebay. They play mpeg's just fine. I've just started playing around with Xvid/Divx AVI files, but the first one I made played just fine (no FF or rewind though). The Prismiq is hooked up to a 19" TV and looks great. I can't vouch for picture quality on a larger HD set, but a friend has one hooked up to a large SD 4:3 projection TV and it looks great on his too. There is a wireless option, but it really only works for music and photos. Only a handful of 54mbps wireless cards work with it, and you need very specific production revs, almost impossible to find, so figure you're stuck with wired.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.