Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I think that you convinced me that my first projector should be the LT150. But I have a couple of questions regarding some of the other equipment.

I will be using a non-progressive DVD player and cable TV - would it help for me to buy an iScan or something similar? I also will not be using a HTPC. Do you have any other recommendations? I want the best picture for the least amount of money (don't we all).

Thanks much,

Darin

·
Registered
950 Posts
Frode has stated what would best for your use. A good pscan DVD player, such as the Skyworth or RP91 would improve the PQ for the least amount of $$.

I'm using a CI scaler, which improves the PQ even more, and others claim that, an HTPC would make it even better.

If you wish to spend the least amount of $$, go with a good pscan DVD player, if DVD is the format you'll watch the most, but if you'd like to watch some OTA TV, or Cable, or DSS, then you may want to investigate a CI or QScan Elite scaler.

HTPC, for me, is to complicated, and from what I've read here, crashes too much.

If you have the ability to view the 150 using a video processor vs a pscan DVD player, it would help your decission making process.

Remember, your eyes are the determining factor in your purchase. Trust them!

HTH, VB

·
Registered
408 Posts
If you're going to keep your interlaced player, I would recommend getting an iScan. Not only will it give you progressive scan DVD playback, but it will also deinterlace your other sources like DSS, VHS, cable etc. You can pick up a v.1 for about $250.00.

Kirk

·
Registered
16 Posts
You should get a skyworth. The only thing that compares to my HTPC on a LT-150 that I've seen.

If I wasn't using an HTPC for the flexibility, I'd have bought a Fkyworth. A friend brought one over and it was actually better for anime, slightly worse on 5th element) on the 150.

-Ben

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.