AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been with TiVo for over three years now - and will remain with them since I still love my Tivo - but have ventured in the ReplayTV world...and therefore I have a few questions:

1. Why does it take so long to change channels?

2. Can ReplayTV download guide data in the background? Should I keep the box on at all times?

3. I have yet to watch a 30+ min show that does NOT have glitches (ie, pixelations, skips, etc. etc.). Is this common with 5.0 r110? In fact, just watching Conan right now, and it's stuttered TWICE in the last 5 minutes!

Okay..that's enough for now...I'll probably come up with more.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Um, the answer to number 2 is Yes and Not Necessarily if you have broadband. Only with the modem does it interrupt viewing.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Should you keep the unit "on" (i.e. not in standby mode) all the time?

Well that depends.

The 5040 that resides in my entertainment center has been on since I plugged it in back in January (notwithstanding occassional system reboots and power outages).

The newly arrived 5040 that lives atop my bedroom TV (as of ~2.5 weeks ago) gets sent to standby land every night. This is only because the bright blue LED kinda bothers me when I am trying to sleep.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
And to futher add to number 2, if your connecting via modem, it only downloads in the middle of the night when nothing is recording.

Also, doesn't #3 studder often with or without ReplayTV?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.