AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my first ReplayTV (5040) and am going through the setup process. Sorry, I know these questions probably have been answered a hundred times, but I have been monitoring the boards closely and haven't found answers to my specific questions. Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

1. Why does the 5040 have an digital audio output jack if it doesn't have a digital input jack? Can you still get digital quality sound if you input L/R audio from the cable box?

2. I will be using a WET11 wireless setup. If I plan in using DVArchive, it's pretty much evident that I won't be able to stream. I can still send shows back and forth, however, correct?

Again, thanks for the patience.

esoh

·
Registered
640 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by esoh
I just bought my first ReplayTV (5040) and am going through the setup process. Sorry, I know these questions probably have been answered a hundred times, but I have been monitoring the boards closely and haven't found answers to my specific questions. Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

1. Why does the 5040 have an digital audio output jack if it doesn't have a digital input jack? Can you still get digital quality sound if you input L/R audio from the cable box?

For many the output has been reported cleaner. You are correct that it records from analog sources.

2. I will be using a WET11 wireless setup. If I plan in using DVArchive, it's pretty much evident that I won't be able to stream. I can still send shows back and forth, however, correct?

Dvarchive will work over most wireless lans.

Again, thanks for the patience.

esoh

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
On your second question, 'back and forth' isn't quite correct for DVA. DVA only takes shows from RTVs for archival and playback. You can't get a show on a RTV except by IVS. You can set up IVS in-house to get a show between RTVs. Most use DVA since you can back it up if you want and add drives easily without opening the box (if you care about the warranty).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.