AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new to the board and I'm seeking knowledge of RPTV's. I've never purchased one before but got hooked on football at the store and my friend has a similar model and DVD's look great.

I did a search here on the 2004 WS-65413 but I didn't really find too much about pricing. I've found a really good deal at a major local electronic store.

When is the best time to buy these? I won't be moving to my new house until Jan/Feb., should I wait til then, or Christmas time? :confused:

I noticed it only has one DVI input, will I need more than one in the immediate future. The saleman says I can buy a splitter for it, is this true? Would it even work?

Also, I noticed it did not have a firewire input, is this important?

I'll be getting the Samsung SIR-ts160 (hopefully) thru the HDTV directv deal. Using a panasonic progressive-scan dvd player.

Thanks in advance,

Angel

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Brian, didn't read that thread. Now I know why I can't find pricing. Is there a place on the forum anywhere to discuss prices??

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
And, BTW, any salesdroid that says you can use a DVI 'splitter' to connect two devices to one display port should be shot. You may (dunno) even damage your display. It definitely won't work. Most folks are just moving cables around until good, inexpensive switchers are available.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.