AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. I am so confused by this wireless networking stuff. I have 2 replayTVs and 2 computers that I need to network wirelessly. The computers already are equipped for 802.11b (so I will migrate these to G as budget allows). It sounds to me that the easiest way to go is to buy a Buffalo router and put this next to every device I have and be done with it. I'm a bit stubborn, however, and want to use the Netgear Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps Router/switch I have (WGR614) which I would connect to the cable modem and the ethernet port of one of my ReplayTVs. What I'd ideally like to do is to buy another Netgear Wireless Router/switch (WGR614) disable DHCP (whatever that is) and then wire this to the other ReplayTV via the ethernet port, having it get its updates and share its videos with the other ReplayTV wirelessly. Can this be done, or do I need a bridge? The Netgear bridge (WGE101) is expensive (much more than the deals I can find on WGR614) so I would like to avoid this? If so, can I buy a different brands bridge and use that? If so, any recommendations?

Finally, am I going to end up kicking myself after spending all of these $'s and regretting I didn't go with a 108Mbps Firewall Router (like WGT624) down the road?

Help!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.