AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bg 801s that I had Curt fix up.

I am installing it and have a few questions

I am a bit confused about hooking a computer up to it.

The computer is approx 15 feet away. What cable do I use a 15 pin monitor cable to a 9 pin input or a 15 pin break out to rgbhv. Is there any advantages to either.

Capture(tv) card, any suggestions here. One that works for dscaler and sage or snapstream. ?? I have satellite i do not need the tuner part. I read and get mixed opinions.

Dvd player hookup, my yamaha reciever can switch rbg I would like to use it to switch the source what is the best inexpensive device to go from rgb to rgbvh and if I go this route do this does it make sense to use the Rgbvh on the crt for DVD and the 9 pin input for the computer to allow two sources.

Any help from the experts hear would be great.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
The cable is special, but there are links here in the forum to tell you how to make one, or I believe there are some folks that will make it for a nominal charge.

Are you sure our receiver switched RGBH or component? It will make a difference as to whether it will accomodate what you want to do. What model is the receiver?

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I am assuming the 801 has BNC connectors for RGBHV on its input?

Go with the breakout cable and then use high quality separate 75 ohm cables for the 15ft run. Or better still, get a modified radeon with BNC connectors and run straight from that. If possible, put the computer closer and use an RF remote and cordless keyboard and mouse...

You can also pick up a good quality readymade breakout cable - like the ones silicon graphics and barco sold for their monitors that have BNC connectors.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mgillette
I was hoping for a little more detail about the cabling
My point was that the cable has been covered in great detail before, and by using the search function at the top, ou should find exactly what you are looking for. I personally do not have a Barco, so I can't tell you how to do it. But I can tell you the info is here if you will look for it.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
One thing to remember with the search function is each word must be at least 3 letter...so you can't use a number line 9 pin, or port 3. I did a quick search using Barco port, and one of the 1st threads to pop up was this. I didn't go any further, but jopefully that will help you.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...ght=bARCO+port

·
Registered
285 Posts
Try cablestogo dot com. I have an 808, and my Dish6000 has VGA out, so I got a 15' VGA-to-5BNC cable and it works great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.