AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start by thanking everyone for their great input on here. I am a total newbie when it comes to buying a high-end speaker system. I am not, however, a newbie when it comes to Home Theater. I am looking to purchase a 5.1 set of Paradigm speakers. My biggest fear is that I won't be able to notice much of a difference between the new Paradigms and what I have now. Maybe some of the more knowledgable people on here can assist me. Here is what I have now:

Mains - Yamaha NS-7390 front speakers

Center and Surrounds - Pioneer S-CR400-K

Sub - Yamaha YST-SW90 sub

Receiver - Pioneer VSX-811S

My listening is for 99% movies. Am I going to notice a differnence by going to the Paradigms (thinking about the Performance Series.) Also, is my receiver going to be good enough for the Paradigms? Thanks.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think you will notice a big difference. I currently have a 7.1 setup with Paradigm Cinemas (not the best Paradigms, but better than a majority of the junk out there).

It is the first set of speakers I have had, so I can't say that the difference will be night and day. However, I have heard a few of my friends HTIB systems, and some of them sound like crap. My dad has a Onkyo HTIB, and it sounds pretty good. I do think that Paradigm, in my opinion, is 1 of the top 3 speaker manufacturers in the world. I'm sure you will notice a difference upgrading from your Yamahas, especially with the Performance Series.

I would recommend going to a store that sales Paradigm (if there is one close) and listening to them yourself. I am extremely happy with mine, and they're considered the bottom-of-the-line as far as Paradigms are concerned.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.