AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to share a few sentiments with the forum members, both new and old. The amount of knowledge and additional resources available on the forum is unbelievable, and without the forum, I would have never bought my CRT projector. Many thanks to all who allow newbies to listen in on your conversations as well as sponge extremely valuable information from you. I feel I was able to learn what I needed to make a sound decision and get a reasonable deal.

I had always wanted the big screen experience at home, but thought CRT projectors were too expensive and complex. I discovered the forum (and the availability of used CRT projectors) literally minutes prior to buying an LCD projector. I decided to hold off my purchase of the LCD and investigate used CRTs. In the end, I purchased a G70 with less than 400 hours from Terry Ferintinos (AKA Chuchuf in the forum), and a 92X52 Da-lite cinema vision/cinema contour screen and a QS Elite (w/o O/P filters) from Carrey Coggins of Wholesale Home Theater in Atlanta.

With a LOT of hand holding and post-purchase support from Terry, I installed, converged, and am now enjoying a truly awesome picture. I encourage anyone looking for a projector to contact Terry. I was extremely nervous about buying a used, unwarranted, CRT, (especially sight unseen) but everything worked out extremely well. Not only was Terry very professional, reliable and knowledgeable (about installation and setup) he went well beyond the call of duty to help me with installation and convergence issues.

Projector, Screen, and Scaler - $XXXX

Installation - Blood, sweat, and a few tears

Seeing "Gladiator" for the first time on a G70 - Priceless

Thank you forum and a special thanks to Terry

I'll be listening,

Ben Withrow

:D

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Thanks Ben, it was a pleasure to see you go from "newbe" to having installed and now converged your G-70. Especially since you were so exacting an methodical with your approach. I am far from some of the experts around here and still learning myself, but was glad I could help you cut your teeth. Go back now and take a second look at the "other" projector you almost purchased and let me know if you see the difference.

And as far as you being nervous about your purchase, I never would have known.....lol. Hope your enjoy it for many thousands of hours to come. Let me know if you get down to the Atlanta area and I'll show you mine wuth HD and a HTPC.

BTW, I am going to start a mailing list of projectors I have for sale so if anyone is interested in receiving it, send me a PM or email.

Later,

Terry

·
Registered
849 Posts
Congrats on your success! You have a fantastic projector, and a dealer who treated you very well, and will continue to support you. It Can't get any better than that!! (Unless you buy a G90 from him) ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.