AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into upgrading my Toshiba 50"RPTV (4X3 HD ready) with a projector. I haven't been able to view any so I'm looking for some user opinions. I want as large a picture as I can get (room is 13'). I figured that a projector would allow an additional 2 1/2' of viewing distance that the RPTV currently occupies.

How big of a picture can I expect? I like what I've read about DLPs (no dead pixels, better blacks, no convergence etc.) so how would an entry level projector like the Infocus compare (picture wise) with the current crop of RPTVs? Is it better to stick with a RPTV considering my room size?

My local dealers only display CRTs, and my only other experience with projectors are what I see when I pass conference rooms (powerpoint displays etc.) and they NEVER look good. BTW those projectors are all older LCD versions.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Chris

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oops, I forgot to mention that I've got a progressive scan DVD player (Toshiba 5109) and don't see myself getting into HTPC. I've got a Mac G4 which I hear isn't that great for DVD. Also the projector would be used exclusively for movies.

chris

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.