AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up fellas, I just bought the Samsung HT-BD3252 from a friend of mine for very cheap and its my 1st HT so I have !!!NO!!! idea what Im doing. I have a couple of questions & would appreciate any help or info anyone can share. Here's my situation:

I have a 52" Samsung LCD, a PS3, an HD cable box, and now I have the Samsung HT BD3252 (I know..why get a BluRay player if I have the PS3 already, but I got it REALLY cheap) I have the PS3 running to the TV w/HDMI, and I have the HD box running to the TV w/HDMI too.

Now, my question is, what would be the easiest/best way to hook up everything (PS3, cable box, HT) to the TV, while still being able to listen to the TV, or the PS3 without being forced to have the surround sound ON. I have the 2 HDMI cables that Im using for the PS3 & the cable box, and I also have an extra HDMI cable thats still in its box, and I also have an optical cable that I havent opened.

If anyone can help me I would appreciate it very much. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
386 Posts
The easiest way is probably going to be: Connect everything to your TV via HDMI, component, whatever....then run an optical cable from your TV to the surround sound system.

When you want, you can just turn up the TV speakers and use that. Or, you can turn the surround system to the optical input and use that.

Maybe not the best, but probably the easiest.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts