Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new to this. I'm trying to sift through all this but it gets a little confusing. If I get a vid card with TV-out, is the only way to get sound through the sound card... or does the tv-out deliver sound to the tv as well?

What' s the simplest way to hook the sound card into the tv? Is there a cable I can buy?

I have a sb live card and am thinking about looking at the radeon ve card. I just want to watch movies on my tv and mono is good enough for sound.

thx

·
Registered
457 Posts
Usually, TV-out refers to an RF Channel 3 or 4. The connector is likely a threaded cable-tv type. This would have both the video and sound. Not the best quality but, hey, it can work.

OTOH if it says video out (RCA jack, yellow) it is most likely composite, and your sound would either come from an audio jack on the card (RCA jack red) or have to come from the "line" out or "spkr" out of your sound card.

If you have more specific questions, you might want to post in the HTPC forum. They can do this stuff with their eyes closed.;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.