AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I realize that some of my questions may belong in other forums, but I need a general understanding and decided on this "busy" forum before asking specifics in the other forums.

Ok...I am starting to look into purchasing a projector and screen.

1. What specs should I be looking for?

2. What are the differences between the DLP, D-ILA and LCD projectors? Which are considered the best or what are each ones strong and weak points?

3. Would I want a progressive DVD player or a HTPC? I currently own the JVC723 progressive scan. Would I only notice a difference on a larger screen or could I see a difference on my current 55" HDready TV?

4. If HTPC, what would I need to hook it up to a TV or projector?

5. What are some good projectors for the price? Let's say in the $3000-$5000 range and then $5000-$10000 range.

6. Are there any good internet sites that sell projectors, screens, HTPC equipment?

7. Do certain HTPC equipment or DVD players add to edge enhancement, over saturation, and/or chroma problems?

Please feel free to answer any or all of the above questions?

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
This is more a question for videophiles...and if your a videophile then there's only one type of pj that will satisfy, that's CRT. Period.

If you want the biggest, brightest picture go digital...if you truely want a quality picture in a 90" wide picture(or smaller) and want it to be videophile quality, then it's CRT all the way.

For that you need to post in the CRT forum, they will be glad to help...5 grand will get you an awesome setup.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.