AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in process of setting up my first home theater.

I've picked out my first choice screen (58C8000) and receiver (Onkyo) 708 and trying to work out the speakers.

We just bought a new home which has six speakers in the ceiling already which I plan to use as is (I don't think they're optimally placed changing them at this point isn't an option)

I don't have currently have center speaker, but I do have an old Bose AM5 speaker system and was thinking about using this setup as my center speaker and sub-woofer - certainly not optimal, but it would give me time to save up for good replacements...

With this screen and the receiver I've pretty much hit my budget for this year, so my would be option is to downgrade on the screen or receiver...

So I wanted to get opinions and any option on this?

Thx in advance

mlm

·
Registered
2,658 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmedick /forum/post/19632305

We just bought a new home which has six speakers in the ceiling already which I plan to use as is (I don't think they're optimally placed changing them at this point isn't an option)

Is not using them at all an option?

Depending on where they're placed, you could use the back ones for surround duty. But the front ones (L/R/C) I would just forget about and get some new speakers that would be more at ear level, in front of the listener.

And as for the AM5, put it up on craigslist and see if anyone bites.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts