Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I feel foolish... But I'm unsure how to breakout my regular output from my GeForce Graphics card to something useable on my Sony KP-65XBR10W TV. I've looked at the specs and although they say not to do it, I think it can be done.

Thank you in advance!

WL

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
You need to get a transcoder. I would try either the Key Digital or the Audio Authority.

-Steve

p.s. No need to feel sheepish.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
The Sony HS10/XBR10W accepts RGB/HV, so a VGA breakout cable is cheaper and better. You can do 480p, 540p, and 1080i for sure. The horizontal resolution is flexible, though Sonys don't generally resolve past 1100 lines of horizontal resolution.

-Abdul

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Now I feel foolish. I didn't know that the Sony took anything but the standard component inputs.

Oops

-Steve

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

Suggestions on where to get the VGA breakout cable? Its the one that goes from the multi pin VGA to the BNCs? And then I'd throw BNC to RCA adapters on it?

WL

edited... 'Sheesh - like lightning to answer it'll work, then it gets real quiet, when I ask more specifics. I'm dumn (well not real dumb, just uneducated in this area). Help! where do i get such a cable??????

[This message has been edited by WhiteLightning (edited 05-21-2001).]

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
You can find a VGA breakout cable at a computer store, or Monster makes a $50ish one and a $150ish one that you can find at many home theater stores like Good Guys. I had a Sony 53HS10, but I can't remember whether it had BNC or RCA connectors on the back. Look for yourself or consult your manual for your set. Anyway, most VGA breakout cables split into 5 BNC connectors, so then if your set wants RCA, you'll need 5 BNC to RCA adapters from Radio Shack. You can get VGA breakout cables, including ones that end in RCA connectors, from www.digitalconnection.com or www.bettercables.com .

To head off a possible question, "Why is my picture green now?" http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif , you'll need to select "RGB" in your TV's top menu.

-Abdul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.