AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done a lot of reading, and some viewing. DLP is out; way too many rainbows and headaches for me. So LCD is what I will be going for. I want to spend up to $2000, but prefer closer to $1200-$1500. I am considering new or used. I hear good things about VT540, but it is expensive...also ae100 seems to be popular for the price. Some say 75u is better, but it is more $. I will be using it to view DVDs, occassional video games, and regular cable TV. Any input is really appreciated. Viewing distance is about 10-14' mounting distance is up to 14' maximum screen width is about 6'4" or so...I'm looking to purchase very soon, within one month or so...

Thanks in advance!

-Reid

·
Registered
380 Posts
The only new LCD I know within reach is the AE-100.

You really don't have many choices, if you don't want rainbows.

LCD, D-ILA, LCOS. or CRT.

The only ones you can afford is LCD or a used CRT.

A used CRT is a hassle and if you don't like computers forget it. Big as a snowmobile hanging in your ceiling. If you are willing to do that sacrifice look into it.

I think you will be pleased whatever you do. A FPTV is usually way better than a RPTV when watching movies.

Also look for screen shot here on the forum. A lot of them look good, but in real they are much better. So, if you happen to have a avs member living nearby I would have taken a visit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.