AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I'm new to projectors. I love a big screen so I bought an optoma HD20 . Still haven't received it but when I do I wanna make my own screen. Any recommendations ? I was looking at the wilsonart designer white and looks pretty good. By the way is this projector any good? I'm wanna put it in my room which is 14'8.5"x12'2". I want the screen on 12'2". What's the biggest screen I can use and how far does the pj has to be. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
155 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky /forum/post/19520509

Hi guys I'm new to projectors. I love a big screen so I bought an optoma HD20 . Still haven't received it but when I do I wanna make my own screen. Any recommendations ? I was looking at the wilsonart designer white and looks pretty good. By the way is this projector any good? I'm wanna put it in my room which is 14'8.5"x12'2". I want the screen on 12'2". What's the biggest screen I can use and how far does the pj has to be. Thanks in advance

Try posting over here, its a forum just for your question...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forum...prune=30&f=110

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by panky
I agree with the other poster that you really should be posting in the DIY screen forum. On the matter of screen size, you can get WilsonArt in 5x10' sheets. This can be cut down to make a 118" screen, leaving room for borders. This will end up being a bit less than 105" wide in 16:9 and probably as big as you can reasonably go using the WilsonArt Designer White.

That size is also about as big as you want to go given the room depth and a single row of seats. If you want multiple rows, you should consider going smaller. Also, stick with 16:9. There are a dozen reasons why you don't want a 2.35 screen including manual zoom and the room isn't big enough to support it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.