AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a house with 1500sqft basement almost finished (sheetrocked, primered, soon to be painted) that will be the theater entertainment room. The builder already prewired for the speakers but did not do it for the projection tv in the ceiling. I would like him to prewire for the PJTV before the final paint but neither of us has a clue. Which cable (HDMI, DVI, SVideo, RCA jack, etc.) must I prewire into the ceilinng and wall for my Sony HS20 before the final paint?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Run 2x Composite, 2x S-Video, 2x Component (3xRCA per each), 1x DVI-D and 1x HDMI - that covers every possible connection to the HS20 using the dedicated inputs as well as the PJ Multi with the supplied cable. Oh and don't forget power.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Power with a remote switch would be good. If you have an amplifier that does video switching and upconversion you should not need all of those connections. After all, you can only watch one thing at a time on your projector. But, I would recommend running conduit that is large enough to pull new wires from your amp closet to the projector mounting area. That way when some great new technology comes along and you need yet another different cable you can run it.

JayW

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.