AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if any manufacturers make a 32" 16:9 HDTV monitor. I have a space problem and would bascially be happy to make the 27" television I currently have into a widecreen format (I believe that a 32" screen is the 27" stretched).

Of course if I could squeeze another 1" out of my height restrictions, I would opt for the Sony 34" 16:9. However, I probably can't.

I would prefer a CRT monitor. I understand that CRT gives the best performance for HDTV.

If the 32" widescreens are not available, do you know if any manufacturers are planning on expanding their widescreen tube tv lines?

Thanks

HZ

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
No, in CRT HDTV widescreen they are 30" and 34" sizes. However the 34" widescreen set gives a 4:3 window-boxed image about the size of that of a 28" 4:3 set, so a 34" would be closest height-wise to replacing a 27"-28" 4:3 set thats what I did and its great for the same viewing distance. However I almost never use the 4:3 mode and use a stretch mode to fill the widescreen set giving a larger image plus the majority of programming I now watch is all widescreen anyway from DVD and HDTV sources. There are no plans to add more CRT widescreen sizes between 30" and 34" - you can probably fit some model 34" they vary quite a bit in dimensions, if not go with a 30" model.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.