AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody... ive been ready the forum for a while but this is my first time posting... ive just started getting into the whole home theater thing but ive been working with computers for some time... ive got some questions about my video that i cant seem to find answers for (btw i an evga geforce 2 mx 400 with tv out)

1. its sapposed to have a hardware dvd decoder in it but when run my 16x dvd drive its jumpy... not bad but just enough to notice... when install the software to run the dvd's it said i was getting about 55 fps that should be fine right... am i not using the hardware decoder thats built into my video card or does it just suck?

2. ive heard rumor that the tv out can also double as a tv in and the card can be used as tuner card... does anybody else know anything about this?

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
McNever: welcome to the forum. Are you using TV out? What kind of display device do you have?

If your CPU is > 500 MHz, I wouldn't use the hardware decoder, because it's unnecessary. The software players should give you a pretty smooth picture.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.