Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang:

I ordered my Sony SAT-W60 from american satalite on Saturday - Should be here in a day or so. I have a quick question.

I already have DirecTV and will be swapping out one of my old RCA basic receivers and dropping in the UTV box.

I have a dual LNB and already using both lines - one to the Bedroom one to the Livingroom. I bought a multiplexor and will be using it in the basement. I will have to run new cable from the multiplexor to the livingroom.

This cable needs to be RG-6, is that correct. I have about 100 feet of coax laying around and would love to be able to use that. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I am going to have to but some RG-6.

I can not wait to get it set up. I was like a kid in the cady shop when my wife came hoem and said that we should buy one!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
If its RG6 you want, try this link. There are 2 specials for RCA RG6 (white) - one for 50' and the other for 100'. I picked up 4 packs of the 100' for less than what 1 pack of the SAME cable would cost in Home Depot (its $19 there). I don't recall what I paid for shipping (also got a 3x8 multiswitch in the same order), but I think it was pretty reasonable for UPS ground (they are in Ohio).

I cut down 2 of the 100-footers into 50 footers for 4 medium-sized runs (I wasn't sure if the 50' pack would be enough). Works great and really satisfied (especially for the price). Now I'm enjoying my 2 Sony UTVs (free after rebate) and a Hughes Exec Director Pack.

Good Luck

SteveK

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OMG! How is that place making money. Those prices are insanely low. I wish I had heard about them before I dropped 50.00 for a multiplexor!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I currently have Dish (two receivers, dish 500 with two dual lnbs and a second dish with one dual lnb, Dish sw64 switch) and two ReplayTV units.

I'm thinking of switching over to DirecTV with UTV. Can I use my current dishes for DirecTV (I realize I would have to re-aim)? Can I use the Dish switch for DTV?

I know I would have to run more cable to use the second tuners in the units.

For UTV - does the $9.95/month charge cover both units or is it $9.95/month for each unit?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just ordered the 2 UTV package from Orbitsat.

I think I'd like to pull my dish 500 off it's mast and put the new DTV dish and LNB in its place. Are the dish and DTV masts the same diameter?

Or, alternatively, is there a way to just re-aim a two dual lnb dish to get the 101 satellite?

Thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
The $10/month is for the UTV service on the first receiver. Additional units don't have a UTV charge, but they DO have a $5 mirroring charge.

The diameter of the post varies by mfg. I just replaced my Sony with a Terk and had to replace the post as well -- the Sony was a bit smaller.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.