AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i'm new but i have read alot on here so here goes my situation. any and all suggestion are welcome. my room(my great room): 19'X13' ,vaulted celing, a very small amount of ambient light I have a set of french doors and one window which all are heavly tinted with cellouse shades and i will be adding solid vinyl type pull down shades in addition,right now it is flat antique white.I will be sitting aprox 10-12' away (by the way most of the viewing will be at night anyway)retail hours=(

MY source: dish network plain jane box, Pioneer dv525 dvd player .BUT i am pretty sure from what i have read here I will set up a htpc or a DVDO right now hdtv isnt in the picture but i definatly see having it within 6mo maybe sooner, MY PAST: i had a new regular mitsubishi 50" vs50607 4X3 and was happy with the picture but hated the way it looked in my room (big black box)also loosing 30" of floor spaceand i also wanted a bigger picture.WHAT I WAS TOLD:I have talked to a couple of on-line retailers and they have suggested a sanyo sw15 and the mitsubishi sa51 , They also said until you get a true 16X9 native lcd the all look about the same which doesnt seem right . And they wernt all that hip to the NEC lt15 but they changed the subject as soon as i mentioned the famed NEClt150 i have read so much about here when asking for a comparsion I have seen a new sharp 7000 that my buddy just bought and it was a pretty decent picture considering we shot it on the wall but it was miles better than the previous sharpe's i have seen like the 99 which retailed for about $10,000. i thought the 7000 was better, so you kinda have a refrence piont of me. Also i was at the cedia show and have seen the Plus piano Which looked very good for the $ And i saw no rainbow Also i saw the Dream vision dlp I forgot the model # but it retailed for about $5,000 and i thought it looked considerably better even thought it was kinda in the open 3 wall enclosure where the piano was in a dark dedicated room Also In all places in the paradigm booth a marantz dlp which looked very good and jack the rep didnt know the model# again to give you a refrence of my views . I must not be sensitive to the rainbow i have never seen it but i wasnt looking for it and those situations are definatly not the best. so the big question is here is what im looking for around a 70" 4X3 image But the screen will be 16X9. good looking projector at least the picture quality of my previous mitsu big screenm, hdtv capable and my budget is kinda tight around the $2500 or so give me suggestions i may squeeze some more out of some where . I want a new one for the warranty also a current model not ready to be replaced and that can withstand a small amount of light on occasion Thanks for your time and input

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
miss type the mention of the NEClt15 was suppose to be lt150 I was trying to say they basically didnt like the nec and really didnt mention it or changed the subject as soon as i asked for a comparsion and the did sell nec but i think he was trying to sell me on the mitsu since i had previous experience with the brand

·
Registered
950 Posts
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

May I suggest that, the next time you post, make it more succint!

You'll get more responses to your inquiries that way.

The sales reps you spoke with were using a minimalist approach; they understood your previous experience with the Mits, and wanted to make their life an easier place to be using that knowledge!

Bottom line... you have to glean as much info as you can from this forum using the search function.

If you've been reading this forum as much as you say, you have already learned much from the people here.

The only reason sales people want to direct you in another direction than what you wish to talk about is... they want to sell you that particular item that helps them with their comission.

Why not try to get a look at the pj's you wish to purchase from a sale rep who has your interests at heart rather than theirs, and from there you'll be able to see with your own eyes.

The LT 150, for the $$$, beats most pj's costing many more $$$!!!!!

Of course, YMMV, but only your tastes dictate how you wish to spend the $$$.

Cheers, VB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.