AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sony VPH-1271Q and I've used it before on my old computer and am familiar with the setup and focus menus and procedure, but I've got a new angle on this . . .

I have a new pc and I had it running my panasonic projector at 1024x768 vga - vga. I've finally mounted the Sony and did all of the setup and had it all PERFECT. . . until I plugged in the PC cable. when it did the video-A source in thing, it lost all the settings, so I started to set it up all over again ( vga to the 5 rgb plugs cable ) but now it is keystoned larger on the left, smaller on the right and the far right vertical line is wavy and I cannot seem to fix it no matter what I do.

all the other settings are find and if you watch a movie, the middle of the screen is great, but the right side is wonky. If I hit video-b or another source, the setup screens are perfect, but whenever I'm on video-a ( the pc ) I get this.

any ideas? also, can anyone tell me what video setting on my pc card is best for this unit? 600x800? 1024x768 ? Hz ?

any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

oh, is there a way to reset all the settings to factory defaults if it's so far out of whack?

thanks! rapidly going crosseyed.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
stompk

Well, it sounds like you don't have an install or a user's manual.

Go to www.curtpalme.com and look in the FAQ's and Tech Tips section to find those two manuals.

You will find the reset instructions in the user manual, I think.

HTH

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, i found how to reset one item at a time, but my other questions stand. I don't see those answers in the manual. I'd appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Change your clamp settings in the menu, forgot the page, and see if that fixes your image problem. If it does actually fix it, save the new setting or it will come back.

OR

Maybe a faulty cable? Do you have another to test?

AND

If you should do a reset, plug your source in prior to converging. Your PJ automatically genlocks to source so you will be setting up the resolution block you will actually be using.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, I have looked all over the manuals and I cannot find a clamp setting. how do I set that. I did find that changing my resolution doesnt matter. 600x800 looks awful but everthing over 1024x768 just reverts to the same exact look and size, so I'm sure thats being ignored by the projector. I don't have another cable to test with, but it doesnt seem bad enough to be a bad cable ( I hope ), resetting to defaults has helped alot, but the bottom horizontal line still slopes up to the right and the right vertical line is kindof wavy.

a very weird look. I'm maxed out on most of the settings trying to square it out over there.

the top of the screen and the left are fine, so messing with keystone etc just tweaks those the wrong way instead of fixing the bottom right end.

I know its like troubleshooting a carbuerettor over the phone. . .but any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by stompk
ok, I have looked all over the manuals and I cannot find a clamp setting. how do I set that. I did find that changing my resolution doesnt matter. 600x800 looks awful but everthing over 1024x768 just reverts to the same exact look and size, so I'm sure thats being ignored by the projector. I don't have another cable to test with, but it doesnt seem bad enough to be a bad cable ( I hope ), resetting to defaults has helped alot, but the bottom horizontal line still slopes up to the right and the right vertical line is kindof wavy.

a very weird look. I'm maxed out on most of the settings trying to square it out over there.

the top of the screen and the left are fine, so messing with keystone etc just tweaks those the wrong way instead of fixing the bottom right end.

I know its like troubleshooting a carbuerettor over the phone. . .but any ideas would be appreciated.
well, 600x800 seemed to be the answer. I had to start all over on the adjustments, but when it was done it's all good. thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hello stompk!

I can tell you that I have had a 1251 with such problems, and it turned out to be the chips on the "Y" board(the EEPROM marked XICOR to be exact). The Y board can be found by lifting the panel with the top boards, and removing the cover next to the red tube with the vent on it. The only solution was to replace the chips with ones from another board that I had. If you contact Curt Palme, he may have one of these boards( I keep a spare around for my 2 1272's for this purpose). any settings you max out are sure to jump out of adjustment after some run time. I would also in your case consider a parts machine, or if you are the same stompk on Ebay i am thinking, keep the 1271 you have for sale, if you havent sold it already, and use the 1251 as parts( most are interchangeable). Send me a PM if you are intersted in any more tips. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonynut
Hello stompk!

I can tell you that I have had a 1251 with such problems, and it turned out to be the chips on the "Y" board(the EEPROM marked XICOR to be exact). The Y board can be found by lifting the panel with the top boards, and removing the cover next to the red tube with the vent on it. The only solution was to replace the chips with ones from another board that I had. If you contact Curt Palme, he may have one of these boards( I keep a spare around for my 2 1272's for this purpose). any settings you max out are sure to jump out of adjustment after some run time. I would also in your case consider a parts machine, or if you are the same stompk on Ebay i am thinking, keep the 1271 you have for sale, if you havent sold it already, and use the 1251 as parts( most are interchangeable). Send me a PM if you are intersted in any more tips. :)
it is indeed I. I've decided to keep it and went ahead and mounted it.

We had it for sale and when setting it up to demo for someone my Wife decided she liked it better than our small Panasonic. :)

thanks for the info !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.