AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I recieved a link to these boards after asking around on some of the others that I lurk on. I'm currently looking for information and advise on a new HDTV and DVD. My parents want one (as their old TV is biting the dust) and came to me. (Since I know something of computers it was assumed that I HAVE to know about TVs and such).

Anywho as it stands I also was looking to upgrade my current home theatre system (pathetic as it is) so this is timely anyway.

DISCLAIMER!!!!!

I HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT ANYTHING TV, HDTV, DVD OR OTHERWISE!!!

That being said, I would appreciate some links to "glossary of definitions", "TV for idiots", and other such begginers info sites. Also any info on which makers are better/worse, which features have actual use and which don't, etc would be great.

I am not an audiophile by means and have no intention of becoming one. I just want the best bang for my buck and to smile every time I write out the monthly payment for my purchase.

Thanks in advance for any and all help

Redz

>8~)

·
Registered
362 Posts
The AVS Forum also has a powerful search engine. Just click on "Search" (look at top) and next select the particular forum you want to look in ("HDTV Hardware","HDTV Programing",etc.) from the drop down window, and then type in the words for what you're looking for and activate a search. Everything is here. Good luck. Don.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.