AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Z1 last Friday, and right out of the box with just a little adjustment of brightness, color & tint it looked GORGEOUS while watching the Fifth Element Suberbit DVD. It wasn't until I loaded Monster's Inc. that I didn't like the colors too much, so then I began to (big newbie mistake) mess with the individual color settings (R,G.B) Now I'm having a hard time getting that gorgeous picture on the Fifth Element again or any movie for that matter. I did this while editing under the original "Cinema" setting which I think is supposed to be left at default. Was I supposed to do my personal changes under 'Image 1" or "Image 2"?.... well I screwed up both cinema mode and Image1 mode.

So can somebody please tell me what the original factory settings are? And /or recommend settings for my Z1 (color temp, RGB, color, tint, contrast, brightness, etc.)

I just started in this hobby and I know that I have a lot of reading to do, but if you all could help me with this one problem I would really appreciate it. :D

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
JP, I'm a newbie too, but I don't think you can mess with the Cinema setting. You have a Standard setting, a Cinema setting, and four saveable settings listed as 1 - 4. Even if you change something under Cinema, you can't save it under Cinema (or Standard, for that matter). So cycle back to Cinema with your remote control and it should be exactly the same as before...Just be glad you didn't mess with the service menu options like I did. Then you'd be in real trouble.

·
Registered
278 Posts
If you select Cinema Mode and then reset it should go back to the defaults.

My Z1 settings are:

Contrast 32

Brightness 25

Red: 36

Green: 26

Blue: 31

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.