AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a 2 part post here is the link to the DLP side.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...68#post3229768

So the mighty geargods are praying to the electron gun and I needed to know why?

Due to the fact that the average salesmans version of video quality has become harsh, digitarily and monetarily motivated, I could not find a repectable CRT setup near Chicago.

ovrclkr offered to show me basically a side by side CRT / DLPdemo at his place.

Results: I am joining the ranks of the CRT saviours.

Reasons why: Just as I read...real blacks with detail within, warm vibrant colors, depth in the image but you want to know something...it feels better. Visually its inviting, smoother, deeper...it says "Hey sit down, enjoy a movie"

Negatives: Size, weight, setup time, maintenance. He admitted his red was off focus but felt the focus was close - and it was - I like clarity which is why I was also drawn to that digital demon the Dell 3200Mp next door...but I could see there was that realm of the uncharted within the softer focus.

I know with some more tweaking, maybe a PDI input or whatever Mark Fry uses that big ole Electrohome would be blowing that Dell right off the wall.

CRT fanatics who crave ultimate clarity from DVD's take me to your leader and EMAIL ME AND HELP ME OUT !!!!!

I will be shopping for a nice deal. I only want it all. 8" tubes, EM focus, capable of tripling, RGBHV, svideo, clean tubes, case dont matter, modular design etc.

Also...anyone know a professional CRT setup artist to calibrate in Nw Indiana 50 minutes from the Chicago Loop?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.