AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got my hands on a Barco Data 600 for a very good price of £175, I am a total newbie to this area :) but I have inspected the unit, apart from a bit of (what looks like) oil stains on the case lid (I needa clean that soon...), the PJ is in good, shape:

Not much dust on the 2 case fans.

I can't see any form of tube burn on any of the tubes (I have projected a white image from a computer running at 640x480, and can't see any dark areas)

Would you all agree that I have found quite a good bargain here ?

I have managed to converge it myself, again, total newbie, set up the PJ using the test grid, took a few hours, but I think I've got it more or less ok, I just want to check to see if I can get it any better, the blue tube seems a little out of focus, tried adjusting the lens to no avail, so I might try the electronic focus later on (anyone know where those controls are located ?).

One of the main points I read on these forums, was making sure that the usage of the tube area is large as possible, but not too large (possible major tube damage? :eek: ), any pointers as to how much of the CRT I should use?

Many thanks :)

-Dave

·
Registered
609 Posts
search for "holy focus Guy Kuo" and all your questions will be answered.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I just did a search for those key words and it came back to this post.

·
Registered
9,679 Posts
Hey,

I think the search is mal-functioning today.

I would agree the original posted seemed to get a good deal.

I don't know what types of control you have for convergence on that particular projector so I can't help there.

The Installation manual for my Sony seems to give a good order of adjustments that I think could even be applicable to other machines but only if they have similar controls.

Good LUck,

Brian

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
follow the link in my signature, it should help even thought it's geared at Sony's.

The blue is intentionally de-focused. The eye is relatively insensitive to poor blue focus and when the blue is de-focused you get a slightly brighter image. If you mess with the blue focus your gonna mess up your grey scale.

Wes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.