AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I took the plunge tonight in a BIG way (at least for me). The local Ultimate Electronics was running an invite only sale. The sale was for 15% off all audio equipment and no interest financing for 24 months. Well I've been waiting for a good sale to come around for awhile and this one seemed to be pretty good so I went all in. Here is what I got...

Yamaha RX-V2400

1 pair Def Tech BP10B fronts

1 Def Tech C/L/R 2002 center

2 Pair Def Tech BP1.2X surrounds

1 Def Tech Prosub100TL

Let me know what you all think about this setup for about 98% movies.

I hope this will really rock especially compared to what I'm used to. 8 year old sony receiver (pre 5.1) and HTIB 5 KLH speakers.

Anyway Chime in with thoughts. Thanks

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
You should be pretty happy with that setup especially for mostly movies. I remember auditioning some Def Tech's about a year ago, and really liked them for movies. They do a real good job of filling the room.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I used to have the same set up in speakers, apart from the sub - mine was a MK150THX - and they were so sweet, I was saddened to let them go when I emigrated to Australia. I am sure, infact I know you will enjoy your system..

Mark

·
Registered
107 Posts
You might want to consider following receivers - they got better reviews on hifi magazines.

NAD

Onkyo 800 and above

Panasonic sa-xr45

These will be better for the good speaker you chose.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys. I can't wait to set everything up. The store was out of stock on the surrounds and the receiver but they will be in within 2 weeks the sales guy told me. Plus an added bonus I got an out of stock discount 5% on the receiver and the surrounds :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.