AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start out by saying I like Polk Audio products but, I was looking for some new rear speakers for my Seville and Newegg had ONE! One model of Polk that is. Is Polk getting out of the car stereo bizz? There were other brands of course but, I am not sure how they will stack up to Polk. Such as Pyle and some other names such Boss.

What are your thoughts? I am not looking for ear splitting dB levels but, I do want clean sound.

Thanks!

·
Registered
753 Posts
I bought all my Polk speakers (MM separates and sub) from Newegg. Its weird... they sometimes offer them but other times they are totally out of stock. When they are available they are priced really low. Makes no sense to me.

I'm a big fan of Polk drivers, I've been very impressed with MM line I've got in my car and would recommend them to others.

·
Registered
398 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsaudio /forum/post/20886543

Let me start out by saying I like Polk Audio products but, I was looking for some new rear speakers for my Seville and Newegg had ONE! One model of Polk that is. Is Polk getting out of the car stereo bizz? There were other brands of course but, I am not sure how they will stack up to Polk. Such as Pyle and some other names such Boss.

What are your thoughts? I am not looking for ear splitting dB levels but, I do want clean sound.

Thanks!

From what I remember Pyle and Boss are budget oriented brands. Great as cheap replacements for blown stock speakers to avoid getting sodomized at a dealership. As for rear speakers, just don't spend too much. Quality comes from your front speakers. Your rears are there just to keep your passengers from complaining. Yes there are some car cabins where alot of sound comes from the rear. It's just unfortunate acoustics. In those cars, I just turn the fader to the front a bit more.

As for clean sound in a car, it is about more than just enough wattage, lowering your noise floor, and EQing out any annoying peaks. One of the easiest ways to gain wattage and quiet the cabin is to use closed cell neoprene sheets available off ebay. Place it over your wheel wells, in your doors, firewall, and under the carpet. It's cheaper and easier to install than dynomat and removes easily. If you can reduce your noise floor 3db, that's like doubling your amplifier power since your volume won't be as loud as you normally listen to.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Yeah, my Seville is pretty quiet already. Caddys are like that. I will still see if I can locate some of that neoprene. I will just keep checking back to Newegg to see what they have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.