AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
really been going back and forth on two TV's.

Unfortunately, the LNC650 is so new that I cant seem to find any feedback on it. I dont want to miss out on a good price point, so I'm tempted to rush in and just take whatever is outright more affordable.

I'm looking for:

Netflix (currently not available, I know)

Video Streaming from my PC

Glossy Screen (not a huge factor for me)

Video Game Performance (mostly Wii, soon to be PS3. Input Lag Woes?)

Longevity/Value (Have only owned CRT's, no idea what to expect)

If anyone has any optimism or solid information about the C650 vs. B750, it would be greatly appreciated. I keep checking the thread about the newly released sets on amazon, but no such luck with a review... samsung hasnt even updated their site.

--Rich

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Samsung 650 and above may dissapoint on the last three criteria--they have glossier screens than many plasmas (no, I'm not advocating a plasma, just using plasma as a basis for comparison regarding screen gloss), significant gaming lag for first person shooters, and there's a recent rash of problems with power board capacitors going bad shortly after the set's warranty runs out.

Among LCD brands Sharp has the least reported gaming lag, along with what few Panasonic LCD offerings are available. Most all non-Samsung sets have a more matte finish screen. A PS3 or other set-top box solution for Netflix/streaming would greatly widen your choices for a tv.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts