AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first came the lights that burn out too quick with a color wheel,

now the new hype is led light engines that last forever, with much better contrast,

and next......

a few days ago i read an article that Mitsu, is going to be coming out with a LASER light engine. anyone know about this? think it will beat out led light engines? deffinatly not in power consumption.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
didn't notice theres a hot topic post about this same thing, my bad.... but while i'm here i got a question... and for all I know it's already answered in the hot topic post, but i can't read through 36 pages.

3d viewing capabilites....

the new mitsu laser tv.... have to wear special glasses to see 3d?

with the dlp (and older "crt") with shutter glasses 3d, the shutter glasses and tv/ addon on 3d box have to communicate with eachother wether by wire or wireless.

BUT....... supposedly the laser tv technology uses same technology as 3d (marketed as 4d) attractions at amusment parks such as epcot's: honey i shrunk the audience, or Universal studio's: terminator. For both of those, you also have to wear glasses, BUT... they were not lcd shutter glasses, OR red/blue glasses. they were not powered at all, they felt like cheap flimsy sunglasses with really light tint (but not red/blue), something you'd expect to find in a cereal box, or at the $1 store.

SO...... if the mitsu truely does utilize the same technology as the amusment park attractions, you wouldn't even need an add on box, or powered expensive glasss, you would just need those cheap looking extremely flimsy, extremly light weight, wanna be sun glasses. which would actually be good.

anyone know what the deal actually is????

1 - 2 of 2 Posts