Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I am totally new to the list and am in need of help getting started. I decided to go with a sony for several reasons, ease of setup and durability. I purchased a Used D50 off ebay for $700 with 3k hours on the tubes. I haven't seen it yet but the seller claims its in fine working order and w/o issues.

What items will I need in order to get started using the pj....I believe the unit is a D50Q, will I need to use a line doubler and can I view tv from the unit(digital cable, satellite)? What kind or cables are recommended? Anything else you guys can think Of , I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Tim

·
Registered
449 Posts
First get a copy of PJCalc to determine your throw distance. Then download the manual from www.curtpalme.com . Do a complete reset on the projector before you begin setup. Then grab yourself a DVDO pro (selling for around 100 on ebay) it will give you a composite, svideo and one component inputs. It outputs 480p. Get a vga to 5bnc cable and your are all set. I would pop the lens and check the tubes. You will need the RM-1000 remote to complete the setup. sit back and enjoy.

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
$700 is a great price if the tubes are good. Check the focus on each tube by bring the contrast up to the default of 80 to see if the focus is ok. On an ES focus tube, although it may not be showing any wear if it was left on with no signal, the focus goes bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.