AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1815 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2021 Quantum Dots and Phosphors Industry Forum 2021 just wrapped up...
Colorfulness Purple Font Screenshot Science

NanoLED - Next Generation Display

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Hisense | The World's First Rollable Laser TV
Isn't this a UST projector with a rollable screen? That ad, as most UST ads, is outrageously misleading by implying we'll get that image quality under those ambient light conditions. And, by making it rollable and part of its own sound system, it can't go bigger than 77", in which case I don't see any point in buying this instead of an OLED. Unless you just want something fancy...

Here's a video that I'm sure represents the image quality more accurately:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Isn't this a UST projector with a rollable screen? That ad, as most UST ads, is outrageously misleading by implying we'll get that image quality under those ambient light conditions. And, by making it rollable and part of its own sound system, it can't go bigger than 77", in which case I don't see any point in buying this instead of an OLED. Unless you just want something fancy...

Here's a video that I'm sure represents the image quality more accurately:

Hisense announces world’s first Rollable Screen Laser TV; to be available this year

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Hisense announces world’s first Rollable Screen Laser TV; to be available this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Hisense | The World's First Rollable Laser TV
I wonder what it really looks like. That was obviously not the real product given the image appeared at the bottom of the screen where the laser can't hit, and when full unrolled the screen area started a bit above the bottom, which it would have to for the laser to hit it.

So fake video made by marketing without even understanding how the product will actually work. Lovely.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I wonder what it really looks like. That was obviously not the real product given the image appeared at the bottom of the screen where the laser can't hit, and when full unrolled the screen area started a bit above the bottom, which it would have to for the laser to hit it.

So fake video made by marketing without even understanding how the product will actually work. Lovely.
Well, I wondered if they had some gimmick implemented in which the image would be projected with a gradual rise up aligned to the upper edge of the rising screen. This would be easy to achieve by using a digital black mask on the image. Although I suspect it would still project the black area of the image onto the ceiling/wall above the projector, given the usually bad black floor these projectors have. Seriously, i don't understand the hype around UST projectors.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
The only thing I can think of is simplicity. You don't need a long throw or run wires between the front and back of a room.
Believe me, i understand that. But, I would much rather get a large screen TV, even if it was not as large as an UST screen. Some of these UST's cost as much as high-end long throw projectors, but the situation for which they're designed partially negates their performance and makes the price one pays for them a bit of a waste. That's my view, at least.

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
Samsung QD OLED is not that interesting whats next which is Samsung QNED which is a Quantum Dot/ tiny LEDs combo TV is.

According UBI research Samsung QNED ''tech has best characteristics for display''
Advantages seem to be:
  • Most part of production process is the same as QD OLED. It is cheaper to make though since expensive OLED deposition tool is not needed (how much cheaper depending on costs of process steps involved in fabricating and integrating the Nanorods)
  • No burn-in since there are no organic emitters
  • longer lasting than OLED emitters
  • superior color gamut compared to OLED
  • improved higher brightness than what we have now
  • faster respons time than what we have now
  • more uniform luminosity across the entire screen

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Samsung Display to use vertical deposition for Gen 8.5 IT OLED panels

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
CU-Tech aims to secure 5 PCA lines for Samsung Display’s QD-OLED

Samsung Display, besides Samsung Electronics and Sony, has also sent samples of QD-OLED TV to Panasonic, TCL and Xiaomi, the executive said.
씨유테크 "삼성디스플레이 QD-OLED용 PCA 라인 확보 계획"
Product Font Line Screenshot Parallel

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Insufficient Samsung 'QD Display' production, possibility of cooperation with LG

Samsung to mass-produce 'QD display' in November... Samsung and Sony supply

1 - 20 of 1815 Posts