AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
I saw the blurb on TechTV and the analysts were suggesting the end result of all this is that likely more people would know they want it, thus increased sales. :cool::cool:

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
It's a conspiracy, I tell you, a vast {I don't know}-wing conspiracy.

I don't know what they're conspiring to do, but alls I know is that they's sure as heck out there doin' it.

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
I enjoyed this interview... A few things I found poignant:

1) That Ken saw the lawsuit as an opportunity to create partnerships, a'la the MP3 lawsuits of a few years ago which blossomed into the Rio partnerships of today.

2) That Ken agrees with us: offer a highly superior product (feature and technology-wise) at a higher price, and people will realize where the value lies.

Also offer a same or lower priced unit as the competition, also highly superior (feature and technology-wise), and people will realize where the value lies.

All in all, both business models will show ReplayTV succeeding, I believe.

Also - an interesting stat: Tivo has "60% of the DVR market" and Replay "30%". I always assumed Tivo had a much larger advantage. I'd take 30% anyday - as UltimateTV fades away, that leaves another 10% to be gobbled up, and with all the publicity that Replay can expect in the coming months....

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RandyL712
2) That Ken agrees with us: offer a highly superior product (feature and technology-wise) at a higher price, and people will realize where the value lies.
Hmmm so Ken agrees with KenL.

(Just coincidence I'm sure) :confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.