AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have any news on legends of the fall? I was really looking forward to this title, I enjoy this movie a great deal. The cinematography in this movie is just amazing as it includes the lovely landscape of Montanan, I think this would look incredible on HD. But it hasn't been officially announced yet it has been show in a lot of the previews for upcoming releases?

Also what studio owns the rights to the ghost and the darkness, this would also look good as it takes place in the jungles of africa.

·
Registered
242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by inca /forum/post/0

Does anyone here have any news on legends of the fall? I was really looking forward to this title, I enjoy this movie a great deal. The cinematography in this movie is just amazing as it includes the lovely landscape of Montanan, I think this would look incredible on HD. But it hasn't been officially announced yet it has been show in a lot of the previews for upcoming releases?

Also what studio owns the rights to the ghost and the darkness, this would also look good as it takes place in the jungles of africa.

Ya this movie does have amazing cinematography, Montana is a beautiful place during the summer- very cold during the winter though. This movie along with a River runs through it are the best films with Brad Pitt IMO (he was also good in 12 monkeys). Hope both of these films come to blu ray soon. Sony pictures owns the rights to A River runs through it so we should also get that one as well.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
I would like to get my hands on Ghost and the Darkness. I think it was a terribly under-appreciated film and the previous DVD version was non-anamorphic. I'd like to see Paramount also tackle Terrence Malick's masterpiece, "Days of Heaven." This film epitomizes the description, "moving canvas."

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deane Johnson /forum/post/0

Sorry guys, Legends of the Fall wasn't filmed in Montana. It was filmed in Canada.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110322/locations

There is good news though, A River Runs Through It was filmed in Montana and Wyoming.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105265/locations

I too love the scenery in these two films and will look forward to having them in high def.

Oh Canada, well thats even better. I new one of them was filmed in Montana, got them mixed up. I wish they wouldn't have put it on all their previews. Even in Talledega Nights we got a preview of it. A river Runs Through it would be amazing too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.