AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Post deleted.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Ken,

They appear in the "NBA TV IN HIGH DEFINITION" BOX. Perhaps it is a mistake, but that certainly leads me to believe the games will be broadcast in HD.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by XFactor
They appear in the "NBA TV IN HIGH DEFINITION" BOX.
Got it. Thanks.

http://www.nba.com/nba_tv/

·
Registered
93 Posts
It's not a mistake. Those games will be in HD. They also mentioned it during the Kings Jazz game tonite.....and the Lakers...looks like we'll only have 2 more opportunities to get their games in HD this...bummer

·
Registered
690 Posts
Looks like my guess from the other day was right. I suppose it's good news if the NBATV logo shows up in the right column of the schedule on nba.com!!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
During the last Pacers game the announcer commented that the Pacers have never lost in HD. The fact that anyone even knows this is a good sign.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by EddieG

All these games are really great in HD

That is IF they can get rid of their video problems. There should be no use of Edge Enhancement (or whatever it is that's causing the horrible looking kind of whitish outlines around objects) and the really bad looking and terribly distracting auto focus problem (or what ever it is that's causing everything to pixelate and go out of focus every time someone tries to make a basket). Some of the cameras look as if they are 16x9 SD cameras that are up-converted (yes, it looks that bad) while others very rarely seem to be very good.

It's like the same problematic equipment used on last Monday's game was also used on Friday's game.

Wednesday's game was so much better and in fact was one of the best HD basketball games I have ever seen. It makes me wonder why there's such a huge difference in video quality between these games.

The fact that they are offering these games for free to such a select audience may be one of their ways of testing the waters. I strongly hope that the people who can make a difference at NBA-TV are getting this strongly needed feedback.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kurros
Doh! Why couldn't they schedule this on a night other than Smallville's?

I need that PVR921 :mad:
i just watched smallville on the wb's big sunday lineup so you probably won't miss it in HD

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Quote:
During the last Pacers game the announcer commented that the Pacers have never lost in HD.
I'm sure Paul Pierce will have something to say about that Tuedsay night!!:D

·
Registered
365 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ripster
Looks like my guess from the other day was right. I suppose it's good news if the NBATV logo shows up in the right column of the schedule on nba.com!!!
Great! Maybe that'll save our Pacers. They don't appear to be able to save themselves, even with 16-point leads on two occasions. If they have to go down, better to see it in HD, I suppose...

Todd/Indy

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
I think this is truly great news. Two games on the same night!!! I figured they were using the same production trucks and moving around the country.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Chriscpm
During the last Pacers game the announcer commented that the Pacers have never lost in HD.
They lost the first game of this series in HD. Paul Pierce 40 Points.

J

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
Quote:
It's like the same problematic equipment used on last Monday's game was also used on Friday's game.

Wednesday's game was so much better and in fact was one of the best HD basketball games I have ever seen. It makes me wonder why there's such a huge difference in video quality between these games.
I concur. With time, let's hope they can deliver a more consistent, high-quality HD viewing experience (ex: Wednesday's game).

·
Registered
308 Posts
Why didn't this thread get stuck to the top??? There are so many threads going I just check the sticky threads once a day or so.

Is there a single web page anywhere that one can monitor daily to find the confirmed news such as this without having to read through all the threads in this forum? It's very time consuming, plus you get all these threads where the poster forgets to put a question mark when they are asking rather than telling.

On a different subject, did anyone notice that one of the camera guys had a HDnet t-shirt on (4th qtr or maybe overtime by one of the benches)? Is HDnet doing these games for NBATV? Sorry if this is old news that I missed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.