AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
26,799 Posts
I want to watch it. I want to like it. But history indicates it will probably have a short shelf life. The one exception to the rule has been 'Fringe'. There may have been others that lasted beyond a season but I can't think of them off the top of my head.
Well, of course there was The X Files. The success of that show is the only reason Fox keeps trying to develop new sci-fi properties. But yes, sadly, the network is very quick to cancel most of them.

You just have to go in with a limited-series viewing mentality. If you get 13 episodes, consider it a WIN.
The problem is that most of these shows end on cliffhangers and leave their storylines uncompleted. The makers of these shows need to plan to wrap everything up in one season, because odds of renewal are very slim on Fox.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
The problem is that most of these shows end on cliffhangers and leave their storylines uncompleted. The makers of these shows need to plan to wrap everything up in one season, because odds of renewal are very slim on Fox.
I don't disagree. I just go in with a one and done mindset and know that I might have to write my own ending in my mind. Saves me a lot of grief...

Most of the shows I listed out earlier were made in a different era. I think more show creators/showrunners are at least attempting to create story arcs that at least wrap up in a single season, so that you are not left completely hanging at the end of a season with no resolution. EMERGENCE on ABC is a good example. Kinda knew early on that it would likely not make it past Season 1, but it had a 13-episode run with a story arc that wrapped up and even though it left room for a Season 2 it didn't leave everything unresolved.

·
Registered
15,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Maybe "you're".
Regretfully I do not give enough time to spell/grammar check. I am doing this on breaks from work and in-between other tasks when at home so I have to rely on the automated checks. Seems that bothered you enough to point it out. Sorry, it was not the first and will not be the last.

·
Registered
15,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
We watched it, was OK. Nothing amazing, lots of plot holes. I didn't tell the wife anything about this and just started watching it. She was disappointed when she realized it was just an advanced AI, she wanted something else. Some odd parts like the kid listening to his device and decides its OK to take a gun to kill someone? Pretty big leap there.

Oh well, will see how it goes.

·
Premium Member
9,202 Posts
Some odd parts like the kid listening to his device and decides its OK to take a gun to kill someone? Pretty big leap there.
He didn't know what was in the safe until he opened it. We never saw him take it out of the safe. But, I suspect that he will, as it seems that he really wants to stop those kids.

·
Registered
15,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
He didn't know what was in the safe until he opened it. We never saw him take it out of the safe. But, I suspect that he will, as it seems that he really wants to stop those kids.
We don't know that for sure though. They talked awhile and it was convincing him that it knew how to stop bullies and he said to it, I can't do that I will get in trouble. He also was not shocked to see a weapon in the safe as if he knew waht was in there.

·
Premium Member
9,202 Posts
Damn! I want all of the episodes so that I can binge watch. This one episode a week sucks. That pretty much goes for any show I like. Feed me!

I have an idea of who the person is that we saw at the end.

·
Registered
18,530 Posts
Was pleasantly surprised to see ep3 appear in my DVR last night. Iliza must be clearing the schedule for the World Series next week.

·
Premium Member
9,202 Posts
Gotta love the IP address they used: 256.278.233.87

As for the guy at the end, it isn't who I thought it was.

·
Registered
15,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
The cast of NEXT talk about their personal experiences with technology and privacy.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts