Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello-

After having a dish 6000 and 301 installed in my house I have become aggrivated with the 6000's guide and am going to swap it for another 301.

Any idea how long I will have to wait for the next generation HD Dish receiver? I read some conflicting info on a "921" HD PVR but this poster: http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/Forum28/HTML/000354.html

says it will not be out until late next year. I've heard of a dual tuner version of the 501 with no date.

Any scoop on the next generation 6000. That guide is just AWFUL!

Thanks,

------------------

After 6 years I am getting ready to upgrade my HT. Research now, purchase in the summer... er, uh, September... grrr...lagging upgrades...

- Rear Channels in...

...now waiting for DPL II

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Are you saying that you would give up the HD programming just because the interface is a little ugly? Wouldn't you be biting off your nose to spite your face?

------------------

Vic Ruiz
STOP HDCP/DFAST/5C

·
Registered
254 Posts
Tweak,

If your looking to swap out, I will trade you a brand new in the box 301 for your 6000.

------------------

STOP DFAST!!!!!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Two small lols to the both of you...

Since I won't be getting an HDTV until December it really isn't biting my nose... just saving for little plastic surgery of sorts. The guide is horrendously poor imo. Why be aggrivated for 4 months?

My hope is that by waiting a little longer I can have the next best thing. No, I won't wait forever. With CBS doing things like the US Open in HD my wife probably won't let me wait too long.

My local guy did let me swap the 6000 for the 301 with plenty of money back to boot. They even came by to swap it for me. He promised me a good deal when the next best thing comes out.

I hope there's product scoop in the new Dish forum...

------------------

After 6 years I am getting ready to upgrade my HT. Research now, purchase in the summer... er, uh, September... grrr...lagging upgrades...

- Rear Channels in...

...now waiting for DPL II

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Well the next best thing won't be out for a year probably. Directv and Dish both have plans for newer HD Recievers but they won't be released till late in 2002 probably so waiting will really not gain you anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.