AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any information about a successor box to RCA's DTC-100? I assume that something like this should be in the pipeline in the not-too-distant future.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I ran into an RCA sales rep this weekend at a grand opening of a new Best Buys in Sterling VA and asked him if we could soon expect a successor to the DTC-100. He said no, mumbling something about the existing product doing everything it needs to. Obviously, the guy is not in marketing but I got the sense that he would have known if a new release was imminent.

I thought it pretty cool, however, that RCA would send its people to a grand opening to show off the advanced features of digital television. His schtick was showing off the MM 36110's ability to act as computer monitor.

I also liked the way Best Buys showcased HDTV-ready sets. they received the best floor space -- the analog models were darn near shoved off to the side. Lots of folks looking at the digital sets, no one looking at the others.

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
Even though the dtc-100 is not perfect, I think RCA is smart not to "fix whats not broke". The dtc-100 is a darn good stb even though many of us may have ideas on what we personally might change, overall it gets the job done well. I am a dtc-100 owner and I am more than happy with it. And its tough to beat that price.

------------------

Kipp

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.