Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I've been going through the archives (great info!) but I still need some help with this. I'm in the process of wiring-thinking for my new house and HT, I'm leaning (at the moment) towards Lutron's RadioRA for lighting. I understand I need at least one repeater, but what about the master controller(s)? (wall-mounted RAMC-5L etc)

1. Do I still need them if I go also with a Grafik Eye 3xxx?

2. If yes, would the Grafik Eye in this case simply "centralize" the localized scene control of the 2-3 master controllers or does it buy me more?

3. if yes, what's the best way to interface multiple master controllers to a Grafik eye?

thanks a lot!

:confused:

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
Quote:
1. Do I still need them if I go also with a Grafik Eye 3xxx?

2. If yes, would the Grafik Eye in this case simply "centralize" the localized scene control of the 2-3 master controllers or does it buy me more?

3. if yes, what's the best way to interface multiple master controllers to a Grafik eye?
1. Yes. You need at least one master controller somewhere in the system.

2. The Grafik Eye has it's own scenes. These scenes can be activitate from the GE or from a Master Controller somewhere in the house.

3. The master controller is a key pad...you press a button on the key pad and those lights (and/or GE scenes) that you have assigned to that button are then activated. (Master Controller might have: All On, All Off, Entertain, Landscape, Good Night, Pathway, Movie, Intermission, etc.). The master controller will allow you to activate scenes, turn off/on, and/or dim lights through out the house.

Look at it this way. Dimmers are dimmers. They work just like any other dimmer. The Grafik Eye is a Grafik Eye and works just like any other Grafik Eye. RadioRA Master Controllers allow you to program multiple scenes and multiple lights to go on/off/dim by pressing a single button.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dennis,

thanks for the info, greatly apreciated. Ok, since I need at least one RadioRA master controller, does it make sense to buy the Grafik Eye then?

Let's say, its either 3 master controllers, or one master controller and a Grafik Eye? Does the Grafik Eye buy me anything else other than scene control (in an RA system)?

thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.