AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have a pair of Def Tech BP10B's powered by an Onkyo RC-370 AVR and I'm wondering what I should get next. I'm looking at either a CLR 2000 or 3000 center, a pair of BPX or BPVX surrounds, or a sub, probably a HSU VTF 2.3.

I live in an apartment, so I'm a little nervous about the sub, but what order should I get the speakers in when I have the funds?

·
Registered
588 Posts
I would do the center next, then surrounds then PSW. zDepending on your apartment environment, you may want to go with a small (say 10" PSW). If you are concerned with the potential impact of the PSW, you may want to check out a butt kicker instead. It installs under your seat so you feel the bass.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
my priority would be (1) front left and right; (2) center; (3) powered subwoofer; and surrounds last. Roughly 90% of the multichannel audio content is contained in the front 3 and the LFE (subwoofer) channels. Isolate the sub from the floor and keep the gain down - you will still benefit from the LFE channel.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I figured the center should probably be next, then I was just hesitant about the sub and how well an isolator would work. I think I'll look for a used CLR3000 then maybe a used VTF 3.3 sub.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.