AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ask someone to check the computer and see if the Panasonic TH50PX20U has an arrival date or is even listed as a model that they are going to carry. I'd expect them to, since they are both carrying the TH42PA20U, but you never know...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Murphy Jr
ask someone to check the computer and see if the Panasonic TH50PX20U has an arrival date or is even listed as a model that they are going to carry. I'd expect them to, since they are both carrying the TH42PA20U, but you never know...
Joe,

Doesn't necessarily mean anything, but... The Best Buy in my area has had a product tag for the 50PX20U up for a month or month and a half. Last time we were in there (about a week ago), it still had the full, original MSRP ($9999) on the tag. One of the salesguys asked us if we wanted him to see if one was available in the warehouse. I told him he was welcome to try, but I knew it wasn't available yet. Sure enough, he came back in about ten minutes and said that my info was better than his, because there wasn't even anything in the computer yet.

I keep looking, since I'd like to see one before I buy it, but I will order either the PX or PHD6 50" as soon as I either see one or person or read the first reviews here.

Chris

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
C

Thanks, in a sense, that's what I was looking for. If they have the tag, they'll probably get the plasma. I don't really care about their MSRP -- just want to know there's a local place I can go to see it.

Right now I'm trying to decide between the PX and the PHD. I can't see the PHD, but it's good to know I can see the the PX.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Murphy Jr
C

Thanks, in a sense, that's what I was looking for. If they have the tag, they'll probably get the plasma. I don't really care about their MSRP -- just want to know there's a local place I can go to see it.

Right now I'm trying to decide between the PX and the PHD. I can't see the PHD, but it's good to know I can see the the PX.
Joe,

You're thinking the same thing as me - I'm probably not going to buy it from them, but I at least want to see it. A few of the forum sponsors have started advertising the PHD6 model already, so it's getting close. :D

Chris

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seeing it is exactly what I want to do. However, it's going to take some people buying these two new models and posting answers to various questions before I decide which one gets to come home to daddy.

It looks like the first and second week in October is going to be filled with Panasonic news.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I was in Tweeter on Saturday. The salesman is an acquaintance (who has already quoted me a great price, much less than Tweeter is going to be selling it for), but he sees nothing in the computer for Tweeter except that the plasma is listed there with their selling price (which I believe is $8999). He "suspects" that they will be showing up in the next month or so. He did show me a printout from March with all the models that were coming out this fall, and the 50" Panny was listed then as being available in September.

SMK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.