AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The race is about to begin. HD is working. Just started watching so I will hold on commenting on the PQ untill I see some cars going around the track.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Thank God it's not on NBC. My local NBC is the absolute worst local HD capable station. Oh, the race looks good, minus the SD cameras. HDNET's Nascar broadcast look a lot better than the TNT-HD broadcast, and those terrible stretched commercials. :eek:

·
Premium Member
35,999 Posts
This is my first race on TNT-HD and my initial thoughts are that it looks very good. Does anyone know what bitrate TNT-HD broadcasts at? I could swear that this looks better than the NBC broadcasts. I don't see the pixelation that I get with NBC and since I believe it's all the same equipment at the track, I'm wondering what the difference is. The only thing I can think of is TNT-HD is affording the broadcast more bandwidth than the multi-casting NBC.

I think they could be a little more aggressive with the surrounds, and I don't mind the stretched commercials, I'd rather have that than the 4x3 image.

One thing I don't like about TNT-HD is that their commercials are way too loud...

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
I watch about a hour behind and FF the commercials. I would guess the Bitrate is over 15mb. My NBC broadcast a bunch of Subchannels and their HD suffers severely.

·
Super Moderator
18,530 Posts
Having seen a race or two in HD on a non-multicasting NBC affiliate, I'd hazard a guess ..it's probably your affiliate.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Thats like watching a baseball game and saying "gotta love a game decided by pitching and not hitting... Yawn" - its all part of the sport - strategy, when to pit, when to save fuel and not go all out, how many tires to change, etc....

Back on topic - I'm still ticked that my local comcast doesn't carry TNT-HD yet - with a large chunk of the 2nd half of the season on TNT, I get crappy SD coverage!

·
Registered
324 Posts
geez....fuel mileage races sound boring but actually, they are about the most exciting....At least there is drama until the checkered drops....for NASCAR, thats pretty good.....I love NASCAR, but gosh, the amount of boring races is really getting annoying....One dominating car (Stewart & Biffle wins) account for 12 wins out of 23 (or so) races..... *yawn*

Btw, my high def picture was stunning....Pit road entrance, row 17 :D

Living 20 minutes from MIS has its perks....

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I thought it made for a exciting ending. Especially if you take into account that some of the cars that pitted with Mayfield run out of gas a few laps before the end. He gambled and won, while others lost laps and hopes. You may have one person in the car, but this is a team sport. JM2Cs

·
Registered
89 Posts
Another sad day for us with DTV-

:(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.