1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
446 Posts
Can't beat that...I'd buy if I didn't already have NFL Fever 2K3.

·
Banned
1,387 Posts
The reason 2k3 is so low priced is because Sega made way more copies of the game than they sold as they anticipated selling lots more. I think they estimated selling over a million copies of 2k3 and wound up selling about 500,000. Still, that pales in comparison to Madden's 3-4 million copies sold. In any event, they're practically giving away the game now as the season is over and stores are clearancing out the old sports titles to make room for the new.

2k3 is a phenomenal football game and I think it's definitely worth the $10. I'd pick it up mrmucko as it's leagues better than NFL Fever.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I beleive that the reason for the low price has to do with low sales during the football season...Sega feels that many football fans purchased Madden 2003 out of habit and missed a great game. They want to get a copy of 2k3 into as many hands as possible before 2k4 is released.

Sega thinks that once people play the 2k series they will reconsider their purchase of Madden next year.

Later

·
Registered
148 Posts
that's me. I bought Madden 2002 2 years ago, but chose 2k3 last year and loved it. I really like the Sega Sports line. But I broke down and bought Madden 2003 for pc and am loving that as well :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
I, like many others, bought Madden 2003 for the PS2 and did not find much enjoyment in the "comeback logic" that still exists in the game. A couple of weeks ago, I traded in my PS2 for an XBox since I bought a Sammy 437. I saw NFL 2k3 for 10 bucks and decided to try it for something new. I have to say, I am really impressed with this game. There are so many little things in this game. I am really looking forward to 2k4 now. Word of caution, it plays entirely different then Madden so give it some time before you pass judgement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.