Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Rory D
CBS2 is bouncing the HD Pats/Eagles game for Cincinnati/Radier game. Everyone please ***** at CBS2 at CBS2.com, Contact Us.
After the pathetic performances last weekend by the Pats and Eagles, you guys are better off with the Bengels/Raiders.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yeah, I'm guessing LA has some contract to carry the Raiders, when available. Hopefully the Raiders will step up and attract the HD scheduling folks to catch their games later in the season....

·
Registered
120 Posts
Is there any NFL rule prohibiting KCBS from broadcasting the Oakland game on the analog channel and carrying the HD feed of the Philadelphia game on the digital channel? Both games are in the same time slot.

FredB

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Fred...I think the local stations are contractually obligated to showing the same game on both analog and digital. Last week, WPRI-DT in Providence mistakingly showed the HD game instead of the Pats game, and had to switch to the Pats in the second half. Each NFL team must have a 'protected' territory.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well, I just checked KCBS's lineup for Nov. 16th, and they're pre-empting the HD game of the week for the CHARGERS!!! When will this end? The last time I checked, the Chargers are a team that play in SAN DIEGO, a city 100+ miles away from LA. I don't want to see this game-- two teams going nowhere, both with backup quarterbacks, and in SD no less. I've resigned myself to enduring Raider games, but the Chargers is too much. Please complain at kcbs2.com!

-sketchy9

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by FredB
Is there any NFL rule prohibiting KCBS from broadcasting the Oakland game on the analog channel and carrying the HD feed of the Philadelphia game on the digital channel?
It's not a direct NFL 'rule', but it has to do with the NFL, network, and local stations contracts with each other.

The bottom line is that CBS (the network, not the local station) will program the NFL games for the highest possible analog ratings. You may disagree with their choices, but they have statistical proof their choices will produce that result.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.